Aug 20, 2013

Who am I today?



I found it was easy to reel off a string of words to describe myself, but was suddenly very conscious of how so many were negative. Some of the words were me, some were labels I've been carrying since childhood, words better applied to one or both of my parents. Words like moody and emotional – it's easy to trot out the expected words, trickier to find the truthful ones.

Who am I today? 

Purpose: To help you understand your sense of identity as you are right now.

1. Describe yourself in one paragraph. You may focus on anything you wish, including interests, personality traits, past history, future goals.
2. Now describe yourself in one sentence.
3. Finally, describe yourself in one word and draw a simple image that represents that word.
4. If possible, do this exercise with a friend and, at the end, include a one-sentence description of each other. Compare the differences in the descriptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment