Jul 25, 2013

Love Note

"I love you even more because I've hated you as well. I've judged you and I've misunderstood you and I've argued with you. And I know I always find my way back to loving you just like you do for me too. "




The truth about love for me is: 

It takes shit tonnes of communication. 

Of misunderstanding each other and not listening and then finding a way to hear each other. 

Love is sometimes shitty. And gritty. 

And it forces you to grow up. Forgive. Let them not be perfect. Accept that you're not perfect either. 

Get better at being your own best friend, your own soulmate, your own Valentine first. 

Don't look for your love to save you, or tell you you're beautiful, or that he/she’ll love you forever.

Because that has always been and will always be YOUR job.

It’s your job to be your own saviour, your own knight in shining armour, your own cheerleader.

That then leaves her/him the job that she/he was born to do: be themselves.

May you know that you are loved. Deeply loved. So loved it is swirling all around you.

Can’t see it?
Imagine you were a fish in the sea.
And you tried to tell that fish about water.
And it would be all:
WHERE IS THE WATER?
Because it’s just THAT surrounded by it.
The same is true for you, lovebug.
You are swimming in a great ocean of love.



No comments:

Post a Comment